Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Domestic Weekend Recap

In lieu of staying in NYC and feeling sorry for myself for having no date and an empty apartment on Valentine's day, I hopped the Bolt Bus to Boston for a weekend of domestic bliss and hibernation. While there is no doubt that sleeping is one of my best skills, something about being home accelerates my narcolepsy. Pretty sure I logged a solid 30 hours of sleep since Friday night.

When I wasn't sleeping in the car, bed, or bus, I continued to be semi productive doing projects for my apartment. Saturday I enlisted the help of my oh so crafty lawyer, woodworker, retired glassblower dad to sew some pillow cases, napkins and table cloth out of the fabric I had bought at this adorable shop in Soho last weekend. Check them outtttttt:



After a fabulous Saturday night of tacos and sangria in the company of the future presidents of the United States (aka Alex's Harvard Law School classmates) courtesy of Alex and Pat, I headed up to my parents new digs in New Hampshire on Post Pond, where I really felt domestic sewing napkins in the kitchen overlooking a pond full of ice fishing huts, listening to NPR and my parents discuss paint colors. Lovely.

View from Post Pond house.
And yes those specs are icefishing huts.

No comments:

Post a Comment