On Tuesday I hosted an "Adam Sandwich" and peep show (it's not what you think) where Ballew and Gee set off smoke alarms cooking up flank steak fajitas (prounced Fa-GIGHT-as), and spent most of the evening watching one of my neighbors do her laundry in her underwear. Note to self: get curtains.
And then there was Erin who officially stole my Mini-Martha title when she cooked one of the most gourmet home cooked meals I've ever had: seared scallops and asparagus.
Good luck recreating it, but if you want to try here's the recipe.
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 fresh lemon
- pat scallops dry. season with salt and pepper and coat with flour, shaking off excess.
- melt 2 tablespoons butter in a pan over medium heat. add scallops to pan and brown on both sides.
- add remaining two tablespoons of butter to pan, along with garlic, shallots, parsley and white wine. simmer until slightly reduced.
- squeeze juice from lemon over the top of the scallops right before serving.