Saturday, September 3, 2011

Come on Irene

I'm 6 days late on this, but its still worth reporting that last week held many natural disaster 'firsts' for me, and for New York City. I actually felt the earthquake on Tuesday, and on Saturday and Sunday there was enough rain and wind to shut down the city. Hurricane Irene, possibly the most over-hyped storm I've experienced, was proof that the media can essentially fabricate natural disaster. After a weekend of hibernation, board games and eating like it was the end of the world, Monday brought sunny skies and little damage (aside from some minor flooding) in NYC.

Here are some photos I snapped on Monday morning of "the aftermath" in the West Village.

Hair Salon

Restaurant/Venue


Jonathan Adler, I'm rather embarrassed that the design store couldn't do better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment