Monday, September 12, 2011

Just Peachy Keen

After a much needed weekend at home in NYC after weeks of travel, I had the pleasure of visiting the Union Square Green market this weekend. In addition to a special surprise from Kate Spade, I was overwhelmed by the bounty of the late summer harvest. Corn, tomatoes of all colors...and my favorite, peaches! I picked up quite a few.

While they need a couple days to be juicy ripe for biting straight into, they are perfect for baking in the meantime. Ever since I purchased, Martha Stewart Pies and Tarts cookbook, I've been obsessed with this recipe for Pate Sucree, which is a nice sweet pie crust that is easy to make (especially with a food processor) and when baked is the flaky light crust that just melts in your mouth. Especially when it is covered in peaches!



I'm particularly fond of this free form galette style pie/tart which requires you simply roll out the dough, pile a fruit of your choice on top (mix it with 1/4 cup of sugar and the juice from half a lemon), and fold the edges in. Bake it for 45 minutes at 375 and it will be golden (literally)! I've made it with blueberries, peaches, and a mix of the two (as pictured). It made the end of family dinner just peachy!


1 comment:

  1. HI! I was trying to get ahold of you to talk about buying the natalieschwartz.com!

    Can you email me? ngrasso07@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete