Monday, November 15, 2010

Fall Family Feast

Erin and I hosted family dinner last night and it was one fab fall feast. We had homemade hummus, curried butternut squash soup, balsamic brussel sprouts and lemon herb roast chickens. Wow was it delish. As usual, my favorite part of dinner was desert...I experimented with a new recipe as I'm searching for a new desert to add to the Thanksgiving spread in a couple weeks.

Let me tell you I hit the jackpot with this one: Pumpkin Cake with Brown Butter Icing
Now I know I am a pretty avid baker but usually it takes many tries to find recipes worth repeating. This one is AMAZING- this is a perfect perfect substitute (or accompaniment) to Thanksgiving pumpkin pie. It is quick and easy and the cake is moist and reaches that perfect combo of sweet and spicy pumpkin. The recipe for cake is here, and icing is here (I recommend doubling the frosting because this is just not enough for one cake). Enjoy! I am most definitely bringing this one home for Thanksgiving....Man, am I thankful for MarthaStewart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment