Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Magic Stick Pesto

Of all the kitchen appliances stuffed into my mini-kitchen, each one has a special place in my heart and in my overflowing cabinets. But today's post is dedicated to one very special appliance which I call the Magic Stick.

If you've never owned an immersion blender, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. But if you have, I bet you'll be calling yours the magic stick too...because this little electric wand has tricks to make treats like you've never seen. It can turn lumpy potatoes into a silky smooth mashed, it's a souper way to puree soups and, in the case of last night, make a presto pesto.


So I came home last night and had a serving of delish fresh pasta from Eataly left in my fridge....unfortunately, I did not have any sauce leftover. I quickly surveyed the contents of the fridge (which are quite dismal) and noticed I had half a bag of arugula that looked like my best bet. I quickly whipped out the magic stick and turned that half a bag of arugula into a delicious arugula pesto. I loosely followed a pesto recipe and created my own masterpiece (that's the magic of the stick)-- here's how I did it.

Arugula Pesto

Ingredients:
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup olive oil

- 1/4 cup of freshly shaved parmesan

- 3 tablespoons toasted pinenuts

- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper

Throw all ingredients in the mini chopper attachment to the magic stick and press GO until its chopped into a creamy greeny pesto! Yum.

PS- You can also make this with a mini or full sized food processor (it's just a lot bigger mess to clean up).

No comments:

Post a Comment