Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Completing the August Wedding Trifecta

This weekend I returned to Newport, this time with the entire Petri family (yesssss). Josh was the first cousin to get married (on either Schwartz or Petri side) so it was the first time I'd been at a wedding with my parents and sister...or at least the first time since Bec and I were taller than 4 feet. It was a fabulous affair, despite the uninvited guest, Hurricane Danny. Instead of sunbathing and frolicking on the beach, Saturday was spent with an average of 4 cousins and 2 aunts lying on the king sized bed in our room watching the Kennedy funeral, with frequent poor satellite connection interruptions (thanks, Danny).

The wedding itself was beautiful, there were many Petri tears shed, followed by perhaps the best wedding band of all time. Here's Bec and Dad practicing their dance moves:

Needless to say I'm a little pooped after three straight wedding weekends, and am looking forward to a week off from white dresses and cake cutting. On the upside, I've mastered the Hora, have increased my champagne tolerance two-fold and can do my wedding up-do in 10 minutes flat.

1 comment: