Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Falling back into Domesticity

There must be something about the fall weather setting in this week that has really made me want to stay in and do crafty things. Monday night Mira came downtown to play with me, and we spread out on the floor and got cracking on the Halloween cards. Shockingly I purchased nothing but found that I had a plethora of halloween papers, stamps, stickers and even envelopes. Sick. Here's a photo of that cute little angel and some of our masterpieces. Be nice, and maybe they'll be something wicked in the mail for you...
Too early for tricking or treating? Not at 415 w24th! When I returned from the Grand Canyon on Oct 4th the lobby of my apt was already covered in spiderwebs, jack- o-lanterns and other goolish goodies. All visitors since have not believed me, but I SWEAR I didn't do it myself. My superduper superintendent is the culprit. I can't even wait for xmas. (pics to come).

I also decided it was time to get cooking and I used my minibake oven to bake up some yummy pumpkin chocolate chip bread. Here's the (really easy) recipe if you are interested.


Ingredients:
1 can of canned pumpkin (little can-- sorry for the mistake tory!)
2 eggs
2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp clove
Chocolate chips are optional (but not for me)

Instructions

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-mix eggs and pumpkin together well
-mix dry ingredients together in separate bowl
-add dry mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix
-add chocolate chips
-put batter in well greased pan
-bake for 1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment