Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Baby Cake Take 2

Now that we had the shower for Jenny's baby (recipient of funsies), I can post this surprise baby cake that I shipped to her in SF. This one was a little more informed than my first experiment/creation for Baby Oscar. I knew what colors Jenny liked-- neutrals, brown, purple and green, and that she loved elephants. So I ordered the ribbons online (houseofribbons.com has a crazy collection of grosgrain varieties for cheap!), the elephant blanket on Babies R Us and bought the little cake-topper lab and burp cloths at a local shop in Chelsea Market.

The structure of this cake looks just like Oscar's (all diapers) but this time I just covered the layers with the blanket and burp cloths and secured them with corsage pins (prettier than regular pins) and hidden safety pins under the ribbons. I also used plenty of rubber bands and double stick tape throughout so the cake arrived in SF safe and sound.
Already wondering who the next lucky mom is....

2 comments:

  1. This is the cutest baby gift!
    I don't know which I like better. This or the Halloween treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come back to SF so we can craft together!

    ReplyDelete