Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's a Small World After All


So every once in a while I have those experiences where the stars align or the dots connect or [insert cliche here] where you are reminded that the world is SMALL. A big one of those moments came for me on Tuesday, when I headed up to Niketown to meet up with the Nike Running Club, which I have recently started running with on Tuesdays.

Tonight, they announced at the door, there is a special event going on with a celebrity athlete. Minutes later, riding up the escalator to drop off my bag, who should I run into but the celebrity athlete (and my freshman roommate!!!) the fabulous Ogonna Nnamani of Stanford and US Olympic Volleyball fame! We scared most of her high school volleyball fans with hugging, and screaming OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

The world is small. Turns out, she's living in NYC with her fiance (looks like I'm the only of our 3 freshman roommates to be riding the single train), and finishing her requirements to apply for med school. And, as it appeared, making some special celebrity appearances (this one was for the launch of the Nike Training Club app). As we used to say freshman year, GO OG!

And yes, we both were coincidentally dressed in matching Stanford/Nike gear :)

No comments:

Post a Comment