Friday, February 4, 2011

Sew exciting!

New year, new hobby. (And yes, I'll also be trying to maintain the old hobby of blogging, which I know I've been failing at lately)

In an effort to further morph into the modern Martha, I signed up for a Sewing 101 at 3rd Ward (rad place BTW) with Christina. I've done some sewing projects before, but only with the help of my master-seamster dad who basically set everything up so I could sit there and push the pedal. Sew, I decided, time for me to learn to do sewing projects on my own. For the first 3 Wednesday's of the year we trekked out to Brooklyn learned how to wind a bobbin, thread a machine and sew (semi-)straight lines. We made simple bags for the first 2 classes and on the third we learned the skill/thrill of installing a zipper...which turns out to be one of the more satisfying projects I've ever finished!
Needless to say, I'm hooked, and ordered a sewing machine which arrived this week! Not taking requests yet, but stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment