Friday, October 23, 2009

BOOming response rates

I've been getting a lot of feedback from various mediums of communication including facebook, email, texts, phone calls and (dare I say it!) even face-to-face communication regarding my recent blog posts-- Yay! Thank you. Notably:

"Wow, when did you become so domestic?" - Coworkers, evidently surprised that my impressive palate for light cheep beers is matched by an affinity for well decorated homemade goodies.

"Is this because you want a boyfriend?" - Anonymous, not sure whether that referred to the fact that homemaking would attract suitors, or that I had nothing better to do than eat my feelings.

In any case, best response was from Tori who passed along a fabulous post from McSweeney's:

"I don't know about you, but I can't wait to get my hands on some f'ing gourds and arrange them in a horn-shaped basket on my dining room table. That shit is going to look so seasonal....You're either ready to reap this freaky-assed harvest or you're not."

My thoughts exactly-- and am I ever ready! Can't wait to get back to NYC and carve some pumpkins. But first, off to Stanny Homecoming for a trip down memory (or lack thereof) lane.

[Apologies to my young/old eyed readers for poor language, this quote was too good to be sensored]

No comments:

Post a Comment