Thursday, October 22, 2009

Halloween Wrap-Up: Tricks for Wrapping your Treats!

After I spent the weekend, and 2 late weeknights mixing, scraping, backing and decorating the cookies, krispy treats, and candy corn cookies-- I decided it was time to wrap it up...quite literally.

I headed to the
container store (ps- they are currently having a 20% off deal, clearly started the day after I spent my entire bonus on ribbons and cardboard) and a local party store to pick up all the supplies I would need/could dream of. I got scary excited about the selection of halloween (and all types) of boxes wrapping supplies. (omg- black and orange raffia ribbons?!) Rather than settle for a standard way to wrap each treat, I experimented with everything from Chinese style takeout boxes, to cardboard boxes, to cellophane wrap and baggies to tissue paper. And of course lots of construction paper and ribbon. Here are a couple tricks for wrapping your goodies:
  1. Pick up some cheap halloween party favors in bulk to tie on. I bought cheap plastic spider rings to tie into the bows, and some fun halloween drink umbrellas to stick out of boxes being delivered by hand.
  2. Cookie cutters are great stencils. My freehand drawing stinks, so I cheated. I traced the pumpkin, leaf and bat cookie cutters to make tags and box decorations (also used it to make halloween cards).
  3. Reuse what you have. I have a bag of tissue paper, bows and boxes that I have kept from things I purchased. For example, the great black and white stripped tissue paper is from a club monaco purchase. I used cardboard from old gift boxes to cover in black paper and put behind cookies (check it out).
  4. A personal touch goes a long way. Jillian, the queen of Williams-Sonoma, gave me this awesome personal embosser years ago, which lets you create personalized stickers-- the perfect way to seal your goodies. You can stamp it on construction paper to make tags too!

For a scary amount of pics of all my goodies, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment