Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Greetings goblins!

It's the the greatest holiday ever-- the one day dedicated to two of my most favorite things: costumes and sweets!

I've had several things a-brewing in my little apt turned sweetshop that I thought I should share...

Halloween Cuppie Cakes:

I used Martha's chocolate chip cupcake recipe with my (now standard and favorite) Billy's Bakery buttercream recipe to make them tasty.

Then I dressed them up for hallowen with these beautiful colored sugars and rings-turned-cupcake toppers from my new fav site BakeItPretty.com. They were a huge hit.

Chocolate Covered Pretzels

These have been one of my favorite treats forever. Something about that mix of salty and sweet, crunchie and smooth, that just makes these absolutely irresistible. I've been wanting to try making them for a while, and this was my first attempt.

I looked up several recipes requiring a double boiler, which I dont have, then tried just doing it on low heat over the stove (actually a tried this, and consequently threw out 2 batches of burned chocolate, twice!) and finally resorted to the microwave version (god bless modern technology). I ended up having to add about 3 tablespoons of heavy cream to the chocolate nice and liquidy for dipping, but other than that, worked like a charm.

I sprinkled some reeces pieces on some of them for an extra snap of delish and halloween color.
Well, that's all for now, if those recipes don't suit your fancy-- you can check out last years'.


1 comment: